Skip to content

OBIEE Freeze Pane / Headers

There is a request that the headers in the Pivot Table View “freeze” when scrolling. When
they scroll down, they do not want the headers to move.
Breaking by page option is not allowable and it has to be in Pivot Table View.

After opening an SR with Oracle and trying several options, it appears that freezable header/panes are not possible with the current version of OBIEE. Oracle has advised me that it will be available in the OBIEE 11.1.1.3.0 release per an existing enhancement request #5540847.

If anyone has been able to get this to work, please let me know.

******** UPDATE 2/10/2010************

One of the developers I have been working with, Mark Hancock, has found a solution using some custom CSS scripts.

Insert a static text object on to the dashboard, select the “Contains HTML Markup” option and enter the following text into it:

<head>
<style type=”text/css”>
div#idPivotTableParent {overflow:auto;height:600px;}
.PTRowLabelsRow td {position:relative; top: -10px}
</style>
</head>

It works when using IE, but not Mozilla. I get a lot of hits looking for this solution, so please leave a message and let me know if this works for you too.

Posted in OBIEE.

10 Responses

1. tripster_ru says

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
    And you et an account on Twitter?

• BI Joe says

Yes, you may quote me and no, I do not have a twitter. Just please place a link back to this article on my blog.

You are welcome Tawanda.

2. TAWANDA says

I’ve been looking all over for this!

Thanks.

3. AnonyMoose says

blog.somerlott.net; You saved my day again.

4. Bunesh says

Experts,

I tried with below options,

i have added one “Text” from dashboard object, in Text property I have followed below process!!

div#idPivotTableParent {overflow:auto;height:600px;}
    .PTRowLabelsRow td {position:relative; top: -10px}

I checked the result, but still I’m unable to get the result– Looking for solutions. Apart from this, i have OBIEE 10.4.1.2.3 Version….

Bunesh

• BI Joe says

Did you put it between style tags? It should look like this:

<style type=”text/css”>
      div#idPivotTableParent {overflow:auto;height:600px;}
      .PTRowLabelsRow td {position:relative; top: -10px}
      </style>

5. Sam says

hi BI Joe,

I also tried this option in IE and was not able to get it to work. I added a new dashboard page, placed an answers request (pivot table) and text dashboard object. On the text object, clicked properties clicked the “contains HTML markup option” and enter the syntax you had above. I save the dashboard and run it, and the column names don’t seem to freeze. Any thoughts or additional details you can provide?

Thanks,

Sam

6. BT says

It is unclear whether this static text needs to be added via “Text” section on the Edit Dashboard page or whether this Static Text View needs to be added to the report itself with the pivot table. Can you please clarify? Also, is the code provided supposed to work in both 11g and 10g or just one or the other? Thanks!

• BI Joe says

It should work on either a dashboard page or in the report itself.

I haven’t tried this in 11g yet. According to Oracle, this should be a built in feature of OBIEE 11.1.1.3.0.

7. Vengatesh says

Hi ,

I tried this option. I kept the static text in Edit Dashboard section and also in Compound Layout. But it didn’t work.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

What is 4 + 4 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is: